Caribbean Hurricane Relief
Hurricane Relief Fund Information
About A Dollar for the Caribbean
- The Belize Tourism Board (BTB), in collaboration with tourism industry stakeholders, will launch a Dollar for the Caribbean Relief Fund campaign during the entire month of October to assist victims of Hurricanes Irma and Maria, which severely devastated many of our Caribbean sister countries earlier this month.
- BTB will donate $1 for every Tourist arrival for the month of October to the fund cruise and overnight. In addition, all participating stakeholder will also donate a $1 for every tourist they engage on a tour, accommodations, or transport.
- The funds will be collected from October 1- November 30st. Any donations post end date are still welcomed and will be disbursed accordingly.
Who will receive the funds?
- The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO), which has headquarters in Barbados and offices in New York and London, collects donations through the CTO Relief Fund for relief efforts in any of their member countries affected by hurricanes and to assist other Caribbean countries affected by natural disasters. Some of the countries affected by Hurricanes Irma and Maria are member countries of the CTO.
It’s through this Fund that the CTO channels monetary assistance to our impacted member states. Assessments are being conducted of needs through the Ministries of Tourism and the monies collected will be disbursed directly to the people in need in form of food, medication, water, or material for rebuilding. The CTO appreciates all donations to assist in the recovery efforts of these countries.
The CTO, with headquarters in Barbados and offices in New York and London, is the Caribbean’s tourism development agency comprising membership of the region’s finest countries and territories including Dutch, English, French and Spanish, as well as a myriad of private sector allied members. The CTO’s vision is to position the Caribbean as the most desirable, year-round, warm weather destination, and its purpose is Leading Sustainable Tourism – One Sea, One Voice, One Caribbean.
For more information on the Caribbean Tourism Organization, please visit www.OneCaribbean.org.
- All expenditure and disbursements of the funds will be posted on
www.belizetourismboard.org/caribbeanrelief in November
How to participate
- Any stakeholder willing to donate $1 for every tourist engaged for the month of October can deposit to the Heritage Bank Account Belize Tourism Board Hurricane Relief Account # 9131283
- For Example: Tour Operator- if you take 10 people on tour you can donate $10
- For example: Hotel- if you have 50 guests you can donate $50
Updated releases on status of each island:
- Heritage Bank
- Account Belize Tourism Board Hurricane Relief
- Account # 9131283
- Deposits can be done Daily, Weekly or Monthly; to the stakeholders convenience.
For more information please email us at [email protected]
Caribbean Hurricane Relief