Providing visitors with an unforgettable vacationing experience.
Tour Operators are a pillar sector of the Tourism Industry, providing tour services countrywide. These businesses must be licensed to conduct their operations. For renewing and applying for a Tour Operator license kindly download the form provided below.
Online listings requires that all applicants/business owners (tour operators and hotels) to send an email to [email protected] from their company’s email to begin the process.
Tour Operator Licensing ProcessAt a glance look of Application Process for Tour Operator License
Registering made easy with the BTB.
Operator License and Renewal are required annually to remain operational under the Belize Tourism Board’s (BTB) Operator’s Licensing agreement. Get all your Tour Operator related documents and forms below for your new or renewing Tour Operator Company.
- Application for a Tour Operator license is to be submitted online via [email protected]
- Renewals for a Tour Operator license for existing Operators can be made from 1 November to 31 December only.
- Please submit all the following documents as attachments together with the online application (signed).
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
1. Completed Application Form
2. Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Residency
3. Original Copy of Police Record (not older than six months; for the owner(s))
4. Certificate of Good Standing and Allotment of Shares
5. Detailed list of employees and tour guides. (Template provided with application form. Copies of each Tour Guides’ licence must be submitted.)
6. Detailed list of tour packages inclusive of sites where operator conducts tours (Template provided with application form. One form is required per tour.)
7. Checklist of all safety equipment to carry out tours (Template provided with application form.)
8. Valid License, Registration, and Passenger Liability Insurance for each boat and vehicle
9. Copy of Public Liability Insurance
10. Tour Operator’s Emergency Plan
11. Tour Operator Trade License
12. Non-refundable application fee of $250.00
Note: It is required that an entity applying for a Tour Operator License MUST be majority owned by Belizeans or permanent residents of Belize. Proof of same MUST be provided.
The licensing process can take up to four (4) weeks for New Applicants and two (2) weeks for renewals. To avoid being unlicensed for any period of time please come in to our offices at least (4) weeks prior to the expiration date. Any Tour Operator who fails to complete the entire renewal process before December 31st, and continues to operate will be deemed as operating unlicensed and illegally.
Non-refundable application fee of $250.00
As per the Belize Tourism Board (Tour Operators) Regulations, it is an offence to operate without a valid Tour Operator License and a person or persons found guilty of said offence is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months, or to both such fine and period of imprisonment
For more information about Tour Operators and the process of renewing or application contact our Licensing Officers at the BTB via email at [email protected] or call 227-2420.
Operator Application Form
Your guide to the certified Tour Operators of Belize…
The Belize Tourism Board (BTB) values its partnership with the highly-skilled license tour operators of Belize. Get acquainted with these professionals who are the backbone of Belize’s tourism industry.
For any additional queries about this process, please contact our licensing team at [email protected] or by telephone: 227-2420.