- November 7, 2018
- Posted by: Perry Bodden
- Category: Community, News
Qualified Retired Persons (QRP) Renewing Advisory
Please be advised that all QRP Cards expire on December 31, 2018. Applications for renewal are now being accepted at the BTB’s Belize City and San Pedro Offices.
Requirements for ALL RENEWING QRP Applicants
- Completed Application Form (signed and dated by member and dependent(s) where applicable – please note that you must have a local address and must state house/unit number, street address and district)
- Terms and Conditions (signed and dated by member and dependents (where applicable))
- Copy of the 2018 (January to date of submission of application) local bank statements evidencing the deposits totaling $24,000 (US or GBP)
- Certified copy of Passport Bio Page (only).
- 2”x2” certified passport sized photograph* (within 3 months)
- Payment of BZ$50.00 Card Fee per person (upon approval of application)
*Photo Specification (as per Immigration)
- White background photo must be in focus, with no red-eye and no reflected light on the face
- The head must be a straight position with face directly into the camera
- A neutral facial expression must be maintained (no smiling or frowning)
- The visibility of the eyes is important
- Preferable no glasses, no shades.
To avoid delays, please ensure to sign and date the form and include ALL supporting documentations
Chapter 62, Section (6), of the Retired Persons (Incentives) Act states “Any person who knowingly makes any false declaration or entry in order to qualify for or retain any exemption or privilege granted under this Act commits an offence and shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars”.
Application forms can be downloaded from http://www.belizetourismboard.org/tourism-resources/tourism-forms/or picked up at the BTB Offices at either 64 Regent Street, Belize City, or the San Pedro Office. Please feel free to contact our licensing officers at 227-2420 or email licensin[email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.