Belize Drone Requirements
Belize Drone Requirements & Authorization
International Travelers to Belize:
Kindly note that Belize is currently only accepting applications for authorization to operate drones from international drone operators/travelers to Belize who have been commissioned for works/services for an approved local business/organization in Belize.
Drone operators providing services in Belize will need to meet the following process and application requirements prior to entering Belize (with their drone device/s):
- A letter of request/intent shall be submitted to the Director of Civil Aviation (stating the purpose of the works and services being provided by the drone operator/s) from the said business/organization who has commissioned these services in Belize; this must be emailed to the Department of Civil Aviation at the address email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. This letter must state arrival date of drone operator/s and location/s of drone operations to be conducted by the drone operator/s in Belize. Additionally, the following shall be submitted:
- A copy of drone operator/s identification card (a government issued ID card i.e. passport etc. from the applicant’s country or residency).
- A letter of approval for works by the Belize Film Commission.
- A completed copy of the Drone Application Form which may be retrieved from the Belize Department of Civil Aviation website: www.civilaviation.gov.bz
- The Department of Civil Aviation will analyze the request and as necessary, coordinate with the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) for the issue of the authorization to operate drones to the applicant.
- The operator/s will then need to visit the Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) office on the first floor of Philip Goldson International Airport to pay a $30.00 BZE Currency fee for the PERMIT and AUTHORIZATION LETTER by the Department of Civil Aviation located on the compound of the Philip Goldson International Airport.
- Drone operator/s will need to take this receipt to the Department of Civil Aviation where the drone operator/s will receive the Authorization Letter and Permit for entrance and operations in Belize.
(The Government of Belize currently prohibits the temporary importation of drones by for recreational/personal usage. The Government of Belize is currently developing requirements and regulations for recreational drone travelers to Belize. This process will allow all travelers to Belize to operate their devices after meeting the necessary requirements under the Laws of Belize.)