Tourism Gold Standard Sites
With the country’s reopening on October 1, 2020, and newly relaxed protocols, the Belize Tourism Board has extended its “Tourism Gold Standard Program’ to include tourism sites. This 9-point program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviors to ensure the safety of travelers. These new protocols focus on the sites’ sanitization practices, workplace policies and social distancing procedures.
Tourism Gold Standard Tourism sites are those that:
- Appoint a Tourism Gold Standard Manager
- Implement monitoring and reporting
- Ensure social distancing protocols (proper signage, proper seating setup, etc.)
- Implement enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures
- Develop a response plan
- Ensure clear and consistent communication
- Install Sanitizing stations
- Deploy new technology
- Implement a training plan
Visitors will be able to enjoy all the gems our country has to offer while being confident their safety is our top priority.
Here is a list of the Gold Standard Tour Sites, to date:
Note: The Tourism Gold Standard Tour Sites listing is being updated daily, as the BTB continues to process applications, inspect and approve new sites for recognition into the program. Our tour sites have all raised the standard of health and safety protocols being implemented on their experiences, as we welcome back travelers to Belize.