Senior Licensing Officer
The Senior Licensing Officer is responsible for the daily administrative operations of processing applications and issuing licenses for Hotels, Tour Operators, Tour Guides, Qualified Retirement Program and Live-aboards in particular destinations to ensure overall compliance of the respective regulations that seeks to minimize and eradicate operation without a valid license and late application for a license. The Senior Licensing Officer will be responsible for managing the respective databases of Hotels, Tour Operators, Tour Guides, QRP and Live-aboards and producing reports for easy analysis. He/she will also be responsible for actions regarding Stakeholders as issued by the Committees. The Senior Licensing Officer will also be required to monitor and address all unregistered properties by liaising with various departments within the BTB.
Applications with proof of qualifications, resume and two letters of recommendation should be submitted no later than 4:00pm on Friday, August 17, 2018 to:
Human Resources Manager
Belize Tourism Board
Re: Senior Licensing Officer
- Process applications for licensing of Hotels, Tour Operators, Tour Guides, QRP and Live-aboards in specific zones within a timely manner.
- Communicate with stakeholders on status of application and finalize the process of the application within the specified period.
- Respond to general and specific inquiries from stakeholders on applications within a reasonable time.
- Update TDMS on the status of an application and maintain accurate listing of unlicensed Hotels, Tour Operators, Tour Guides, QRP and Live-aboards to ensure compliance.
- Prepare reports from TDMS for analysis in all streams.
- Address and monitor the list of unregistered properties.
- Liaise and communicate directly with the established Licensing Committees and provide necessary support regarding stakeholders.
- Must be prepared to travel within the country, as required in the execution of his/her duties.
- Provide support to the Quality Assurance Team in the monitoring of the respective regulations.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity, talents and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about tourism’s contribution to Belize’s economy and the well-being of its people, and are confident that, with our partners, we will sustain the industry’s growth.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges
- Qualifications: Education / Experience / Skills required of the position.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Tourism or related field.
- 5-years work experience, demonstrating familiarity and understanding of the processes required to regulate the sectors in the tourism industry.
- Experience in Para Legal Studies (Administrative and Regulatory Law) is strongly preferred.
- Remain knowledgeable regarding legislations that govern the Hotel, Live-aboard, Tour Operators and Tour Guides, and operations of Quality Retirement Program.
- Must be able to work in a fast-pace environment, deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Should possess excellent communication skills – verbal and written, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, be detail oriented and demonstrate critical thinking.
- Must be able to work in a team and must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good administrative and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid drivers’ license.