BTB Vacancy : Director – Information Technology Services
The Director – Information Technology Service’s primary purpose is to oversee the operations of the Information Technology Service (ITS) Department and to ensure that its operations are aligned with the business objectives of the Belize Tourism Board (BTB). In the execution of duties, one of the principal objectives is to develop and manage system and service portfolios for the department to assure a proper level of service to the organization.
The Director – ITS will plan, coordinate, direct and design all tactical as well as strategic initiatives of the department. This entails the provision of direction and support of IT solutions for the operations of the BTB. Wherever possible, this should be done in a cost-effective manner.
As is the nature of the IT industry, occasionally, it will be necessary to work outside of the normally scheduled hours to perform tasks that must be done during off-peak hours and to provide support to system users.
- Formulate and deploy long term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling the efficient operation of information processing and communication technologies.
- Be accountable for the availability of BTB’s mission critical applications, systems, and infrastructure.
- Manage ITS Department’s operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, staffing, and project planning.
- Manage the procurement of resources for the ITS Department.
- Oversee the re-engineering and refactoring of systems and solutions to meet the evolving business needs of the BTB.
- Provide a direct means of communications with other members of the executive team with regard to ITS initiatives.
- Review and approve budget submissions from the heads of sections within the ITS Department.
- Develop budget for the ITS Department for presentation to the executive team and other approval bodies.
- Provide prudent management of budget and ensure that expenditures are in accordance with achieving organizational goals.
- Review performance of systems managed by the ITS Department with the objective of determining operating costs, productivity levels, and capacity requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Prepare an employee development plan for all members of the ITS Department to provide a growth path for each.
- Provide mentoring and training to members of the ITS Department to aid in their professional growth.
- Conduct performance reviews on all members of the ITS Department.
- Manage all aspects of IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written, and in-person communication with other members of the BTB’s executive team, heads of departments, and end users regarding relevant ITS activities.
- Provide the Director – BTB with a monthly report regarding the operations of the ITS Department.
- Perform related duties as may be assigned.
- Discharge duties in a fashion that is commensurate with the level of the position and aligns with the strategic goals of the BTB.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity, talents and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about tourism’s contribution to Belize’s economy and the well-being of its people, and are confident that, with our partners, we will sustain the industry’s growth.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges
- Qualifications: Education / Experience / Skills required of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information science, or a related information technology (IT) field.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience managing and / or directing an IT operation.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, project management, and policy development.
- Very sound technical knowledge of current and emerging trends in IT infrastructure, operating systems, software development practices, and the IT industry on a whole.
- Experience with the principles and practices of business requirements gathering and analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of the business process management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong appreciation for the use of IT as an enabling component of the organization.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research and provide the BTB with recommendations on IT related solutions that should be explored or adopted.
- Very sound understanding of the legal, ethical, and moral issues surrounding the use of technology.
This form indicates the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the employee with this job title. Even though all attempts have been made to make the primary responsibilities and duties as complete as possible, that listing should not be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of all that is required of employees with this job title.